Friday, May 29, 2015

1850 Farmhouse Wallpaper Tour

I still remember the first time I saw the wallpaper nightmare in our current home. As I clicked through the real estate listing, I loved the exterior of the house and its two fireplaces. Then I saw wallpaper in the bedroom photos. It wasn't horrible, but the lighting was kind of dark, so I continued clicking.

Then I clicked onto the bathroom photo. That was almost enough to make me click away! Striped wallpaper and green walls. And a black and white "tiled" floor. And a green painted claw foot tub that matched the walls.



Somehow, we still came to look at the house. We fell in love and here we are! You can read last week's blog post to learn a few facts about our farmhouse.

We spent about three months working on the house before we moved in. One of the first things we tackled (after having the cellar sprayed for powder post beetles) was wallpaper removal. Here are some "before" photos so you can get an idea of what we were working with.

purple patterned wallpaper on the stairway

green & white wallpaper in a bedroom

yellow rose wallpaper in a closet

orange floral & striped wallpaper with chair rail in a bedroom

floral wallpaper (on the ceiling, too!) in the master bedroom

floral wallpaper in a bedroom

I'll talk more about the removal process in next week's blog post! Have you ever removed wallpaper from a ceiling? We have, and I'll tell you all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment