Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Saratoga Finale: Spinaway and Whitney

I wasn't so truthful when I wrapped up the Saratoga 2015 season on the blog last week. I hadn't yet been to closing weekend, so how could it be over?


On Saturday of Labor Day weekend I saw a great day of racing. I started off with a tour of the backstretch, answering a trivia question (Upset defeated Man 'O War) to win free seats, and wrapped up with two amazing wins.


It was great to see Rachel's Valentina win the Spinaway on Woodward day. The daughter of Rachel Alexandra and Bernardini is following in her mother's footsteps. She has won both of her starts and had a great stretch run in the Spinaway, which I was able to watch from the rail.



After Liam's Map's defeat in the Whitney earlier this summer, I loved seeing him win the Woodward by nearly five lengths. He's a fast, gorgeous horse.



I hope to see both of these and many other great horses at Belmont for Jockey Club Gold Cup day in October!

I publish 5 new blog posts each week! Check out the schedule. You can also click on the link below for blog updates.

Best Bet Design Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment