Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day!

Best Bet Design is a mother-daughter shop. Anne has been sewing for a long time--she even used to make her own clothes. Laura's (that's me) skills aren't quite as advanced but I do make my own curtains, table linens, and pillow covers.

The funny thing is that both of our sewing machines used to belong to Jeanette, Anne's mother and my grandmother. Jeanette used to sew tons of stuff... Raggedy Ann & Andy dolls come to mind! Anne has Jeanette's 1979 Kenmore sewing machine and I have her Singer from the 1990s. Jeanette's mother, Agatha, also used to sew; she dedicated a corner of her bedroom for her sewing machine.

Agatha, Anne, Jeanette, and Laura (don't think I was sewing yet)

So happy Mother's Day to all of the moms out there. Hopefully you are lucky enough to find things you enjoy doing with your daughters!

No comments:

Post a Comment