Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Easy DIY Kitchen Window Valence

This week's DIY post is from Anne. Read on to find out how she spruced up her kitchen!

I finally decided to make myself a valance for my kitchen window. I was undecided about the pattern and color for a long time. I love blue (my boyfriend isn't crazy about it). To further complicate planning we have an open concept living/dining/kitchen area, so I have to avoid any extreme changes in color and blend.


Since I already had a blue kitchen floor mat in front of my sink, I chose a muted blue pattern for my valance. I made this valance twice as wide as it needed to be to get the nice scrunching effect you see, and used a tension rod to go between the cabinets.


Too easy! It took about a half hour to measure, press and sew, and viola I had a nice pop of color. So subtle in fact, that the boyfriend hasn't noticed it yet!

Here's a peek at a valence Laura made to go with the wrought iron accents in her former kitchen.


I had some fabric left over after making my valence, so I sewed some place mats and cloth napkins. The fabric was vintage so what's in stock in our Etsy shop is all that's available.

cloth napkins | place mats

Shop Best Bet Design on Etsy


I publish 5 new blog posts each week! Check out the schedule. You can also click on the link below for blog updates.

Best Bet Design Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment