Wednesday, May 27, 2015

About Us - Why "Best Bet" Design?

A lot of thought went into the name of our shop. We must have come up with and discarded more than 20 ideas before settling on Best Bet Design. Read on to find out why we chose this name!


Why We Love Racing

Anne has been a horse racing fan for most of her life, having been exposed to it by her family. They used to visit local racetracks and her grandmother always saved The Daily Racing Form for her to read. Her favorite horse of all time was Secretariat. Don't remind her that he lost at Saratoga!

Racing Museum & Hall of Fame

She started bringing me to Saratoga when I was about 3 years old. I've been every single year since then! That's where I learned the basics about horses, like what the coat colors are. This served me well when I started riding myself! My favorite racehorse was Curlin.

Laura - then & now!

We visit Saratoga every summer. Here are some photos from some of the races we've been to.

2012 Belmont Stakes
Saratoga's Turf Terrace
laughing at Saratoga

What's in a Name

We decided that Etsy would be our "best bet" for sharing some of the designs that we make. We might not always make the best bets at the race track, but we know what we're doing when it comes to sewing and working on Etsy.

So there you have it! Check back next Wednesday to learn more about us.

No comments:

Post a Comment